About the role
The (CEO) being the CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER is responsible for the
business planning and leadership of the company and overall strategy, ; ensures that all aspects of the company’s activities obtain maximum profits with the interest of shareholders, customers, employees, and the public. The CEO approves and owns the short and medium term budget and is accountable for the delivery thereof. He\She is responsible for regulatory compliance and for governmental and key stakeholder relationships while being the key interface between the Board and Management as well as between BML and the company. Performs supervisory duties of executive staff, coordinates staff for coverage in all divisions.
- List the primary responsibility areas of the role
- Describe each responsibility by considering what action is performed?
- Begin each statement with an action verb in the 3rd person singular and in the present tense e.g. compiles, processes, interviews, monitors.
- STRATEGIC INITIATIVES
- Establishes effective strategies to develop new business opportunities through the engagement of new business contacts.
- Responsible for executing all Board approved plans and strategies
- Lead the Company’s product and service development to establish Bayport as a leading financial service provider in country
- Ensures the development and pursuit of effective marketing strategies to create a strong brand image for the Company. Ensuring the design and implementation of products and services to better position the Company.
- Remains up-to-date regarding trends and conditions of the business environment and general micro and unsecured lending trends.
- Responsible for the execution of strategic and tactical projects conceived and designed to achieve organisational strategies and business plans.
- Serves as a visible and active community leader, who is passionate about the community they serve and recognizes opportunities where community-based lending and products can help.
- Participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the Company within the region’s marketplace, and to establish referral contacts within the community.
- Leads and coordinates the development of the business plan and the associated budget, aligned with the agreed strategy, with input from the Executive Chairman and functional managers
- Responsible for the on-going monitoring and reporting to Group on business progress against budget
- Fund Raising
- Sources local currency funding through local and international funders.
- Manages the Company’s overall performance to include profitable revenue growth, effective risk management and compliance strategies and performance and a strong customer satisfaction orientation.
- Prepares and presents of the annual budget.
- Analyses and is accountable for the financial model (forecast).
- Ensures that the operations of the Company achieve the budget and strategic goals set for each year.
- The CEO will be one of the authorised signatory’s required for the purpose of authorising EFT’s that require two signatories in order to simplify the operations of the Company.
- Reports on company performance to the board of directors, investors, press and statutory bodies
- Produces a monthly operational report on the financial and operational status of the business
- PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
- Works with the Company’s management teams to establish annual performance goals, allocate resources, assess annual performance, determining and recommending individual merit, incentive, and/or promotional increases.
- Leads, develops and maintains a strong Executive team
- Manages the human resource asset and fosters the development of a working environment of high ethical standards and high personnel morale as well as mutual respect, understanding, trust and cooperation among all staff
- STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT
- Supports and collaborates with the Board of Directors in developing a well-functioning and engaged board.
Engage in the following forums:
- The CEO will report to the Board of Directors via the Executive Chairperson.
- The CEO will chair the Management Committee meetings
- The CEO will be invited to present and participate in Board meetings.
- The CEO will be invited to present and participate in the Credit Committee and Audit Committee.
- The CEO will represent the Company in the monthly management account review with Group Regional Executive
- The CEO will be invited to present and participate in the monthly credit review with Group
- The CEO will be the primary interface with BML and BIGS via the BML Regional Executive
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Solid understanding of credit, risk management and compliance requirements
- 5-7 years business development experience
- Advanced knowledge of retail lending operations, industry, products or services
- Advanced knowledge of Financial Services compliance regulations, law, employment and labour law, internal operational policies and procedures, and micro lending products and services
- 10-15 years Financial Services experience with least 5 in Executive roles